Last Friday evening was "weigh-in". Ralph's car weighed in at 4.8 oz though it had weighed 4.9 oz on the postal scale at HyVee - either way it was under the maximum weight of 5 oz. The cars were then "locked-down" for the night. There were 13 cars racing in Ralph's tiger cub den.
Race day: Since there were 13 cars and 4 lanes, each car took its turn racing down each lane. It took a while to get to Ralph's car. Finally Ralph's car raced. It seemed to do pretty well but was also hard to remember the times of those ahead of him.
I tried to get a front view of Ralph during the last heat so I could capture his reaction during the last heat but failed. Ralph's car averaged a speed of 187.2 MPH with a time of 2.64 which earned him a 3rd place finish in the tiger division. When they announced the top 3 finishers in the tiger den Ralph started scanning the crowd trying to find one of us. I think I was heading towards the room next door where they would be taking photos. Ralph spied grandpa and gave grandpa a wink. It was fitting as they worked together on the car.




No comments:
Post a Comment