The boys are well aware Grandpa is a hunter, mostly due to the "trophies" hanging in the garage and downstairs. Today, Ralph told me he had a surprise for Grandpa . . he was going to ask him how bow and arrows work. He did watch the Disney movie Hercules lately, which has a bow and arrow in it - and he saw some on display at Morrill Hall last week so I'm guessing his interest had peaked. It was good timing as I had bought some play bows and arrows I had bought months ago in the car to take to Grandma & Grandpa's.. After he told me his surprise I told I had a surprise too but he had to wait until we got to Grandma & Grandpa's. I had him ask Grandpa the question then I revealed my surprise . . .It really was like Christmas morning. Ralph was definitely surprised and so ecstatic I got at least three thank yous and I love yous. After Grandpa put a notch in the bows the boys were ready to learn a few tips. Henry got the first successful long launch, after Grandpa tied his string tighter, taking out some slack. Ralph kept at it the longest. I love that Grandpa can pass on his hobby though I'm not sure what they'll think if they ever go hunting with him. .

Henry found other things to do while waiting for his lesson.
Trying to show a lefty how to position his hands correctly.
Ralph practicing . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment