The most obvious changes that happened in the past school year . . .
Glasses . . .and shorter hair at the end of the year. They both had some growth. Ralph is half-way to the top of the numbers; Henry is getting closer to reaching them.
Henry with his 2nd grader teacher, Mrs. Hedrick. She was the perfect fit for him this year.
Since the boys come out of different doors Ralph said he'd meet us at the marquee after school. This is how Henry and I found him . . . yawning. Apparently it was a tiring day!
After school I let Ralph walk about 3/4 the way home (I met him in a parking lot so we can continue on to Rita's for a post school year treat). He really wanted to walk home a few days ago but was fine being to walk as far as he did. I had 2nd thoughts as he doesn't have a sidewalk to walk on the entire way home but I had to trust/hope that he'd make good decisions. . .
. . .and because they (or at least one of them) can't stay serious for too long.
It's on to 5th and 3rd grade next year! Wow! I keep thinking lately . .where did that time go? One more more of elementary school and then we'll be entering new territory. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment