Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A visit from an old friend!

Almost 31 years ago I moved from Sioux City, Iowa to Waverly, Nebraska.  I started 3rd grade in a new school.  I made some new friends . . .and some of them have been life long friends!  One friend moved away in 2000 . .we have visited each other every so often.  The last time she visited Henry was 11 months old.  

Julie traveled back to Lincoln recently with her 6-year-old daughter, Ella - the first time Ella has been back since she was 6 months old.  It gave the boys a chance to interact and play with Ella.  It gave Julie a chance to show her native land to Ella and share with her some of those 'things' you can only find in the midwest.

Julie and Ella had many adventures on their own but we were able to join them at the Lincoln Children's Museum, a night out at a friend's house with other friends from elementary/high school, the Lincoln Zoo, and an outing to Mom and Dad's/Grandma and Grandpa's.

 Ralph, Henry, and Ella in one of the treehouses at the Children's Museum.

 Children of friends' Rochell Davidson Frazier, Janine Uhrlaub Korth, Theresa Sladky Delahoyde, and Julie McIntyre Duffin, along with Ralph and Henry.


  Ralph, Ella, and Henry with Davi Ann at the Lincoln Zoo.  Davi Ann started at the zoo the same year I worked the front gate as seasonal help back in 1997.  She left briefly after she graduated and has been back at the Lincoln Zoo since 2000.  She gave us a great behind the scene tour. 


 Barrel train rides!


Julie and I with Ralph, Henry, and Ella!

No comments: